If you are a website owner, it is one of your top priorities to make your website secure from malicious attacks and hacking. In fact, in setting up your website, whether you are making an online store, a business website, a blog or a website you use to make money online, you don’t just think about design, traffic and contents but how to protect your website and make it trustworthy to online visitors.
To learn how to protect your website, here are a few tips and ideas on making sure your site would not be hacked and attacked.
– Make it a habit to have long passwords and make sure they are alphanumeric. A 10 to 12 character password is strongly recommended. Also avoid those that are obvious to guess like birthdays and anniversaries. If you are worried about a higher chance of forgetting them, write it down and keep it in a secure place or hide it somewhere that only you can access it. You can also change your password often for your safety and protection.
Read More Articles Here:
- Earn Passive Income by Working from Home with Google Adsense
- Making Money on Commission Junction.
- How To Make Money on Facebook
- How To Earn Money From Your Blog in 2019
- Start a Blog that Actually Makes Money.
– Configure your firewall. Your firewall helps screen the incoming information that comes into your system by blocking unauthorized access, depending also on how you configure it. To be properly protected, make sure that your firewall is properly set according to your security needs. Take note that if not properly configured, your computer’s firewall can be the hacker’s door towards your system.
– Make sure your anti-virus software is updated. Your first line of defense is an anti-virus software that can help you ward off malicious attacks and viruses especially those that will allow hackers to control your computer.
– Have your site tested by ethical hackers. Aside from installing anti-virus software as your first defense on how to protect your website, you can also seek the services of ethical hackers to help you do some penetration test on your website. This way, you will know the vulnerability of your site, and you can find solutions to that early on.
– Make sure you have checked and validated all inputs to your site. Cross-site scripting is one weakness of websites that can be used by hackers by inserting scripts into your webpage that may lead to their access to confidential information and the likes. To protect your site and information and ward off hackers using this technique, you have to check and validate inputs to your website. If you allow online visitors to input some date on your website, you have to validate each entry and check it against what inputs are allowed. Look for extra scripts and be wary of the type and length of the inputs.
Indeed, there are people who hack websites just for the fun of it. Most of them may be doing it for money or hate. You may never know their reasons but you can do something to prevent them. Indeed, learning how to protect your website is a priority that will save you a lot of money in dealing with a hacked website.
Er.Bhuvnesh Bhushan Dohare maintains several websites as his way to share his passions and interests and to make money online as well. To help you maintain your blog free from hackers and malicious attacks, check out Wideinfoweb.org. Also check out Blogging, a guide to help you in putting up a blog that can help you make money online.
Share if you like this post.