Follow these 8 steps to building steps to keep yourself healthy and build your immunity by staying at home!
Since Coronavirus has been announced as a global pandemic, countries are struggling to deal with the risk that comes with it. With lockdown’s happening all over the world, people are facing stress and anxiety issues as well.
Currently, there is no vaccination available for the virus, though one can take care of themselves by not only having good hygiene it is also important to follow the government regulations and build immunity while staying at home. Today, we bring you 8 ways to build your immunity during this difficult time.
● Get Proper Sleep: While a person is sleeping, the immune system releases cytokine, protein that creates an immune system by decreasing the infection in the body. Studies indicate that individuals who do not get enough or adequate sleep are more likely to get sick.
● Take Proper Diet: Whole plant foods that are rich in nutrients and antioxidants, such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and legumes, acts against harmful pathogens. By fighting the harmful pathogens, the antioxidants in these foods help to minimize inflammation, which can cause inflammation when they accumulate in the body at high levels.
You must also read:
- 7 Best Pranayama for High Blood Pressure.
- CBD gummies : Miracle cure or a hoax?
- 8 Ways to keep yourself immune during COVID-19
- Best 15 Fruits That Actually Can Help You Lose Weight
- How to Get Rid of Skin Tags
● Exercise Regularly: When the muscles contract, exercises improve blood and lymph flow, as well as increase the movement of immune cells. This allows the blood to move at a faster pace. As it is difficult to go out of the house and exercise. Some of the exercises which can be done at home are Crunches, Pilates, jumping jacks, and many more.
● Take Less stress: The long period of staying in the house can affect a person’s physical as well as mental health. The best way to alleviate tension is a tried and tested practice to relax the nerves which can be done via meditation.
● Stay Hydrated: Drinking water helps in flushing out the toxins from the body and decreases the chances of catching the flu. Therefore, it is important to drink around eight to ten glasses of water daily.
● Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol: Consumption of alcohol and smoking should be avoided or minimized as it weakens the respiratory system of the body resulting in a poor immune system. Smoking damages the cells that line the respiratory tracks which are very essential to fight Covid-19.
● Add immunity-boosting vitamins in your diet: Consumption of Vitamin C, D, Zinc, Elderberry, turmeric, and Garlic in the diet will help in building up immunity at a much faster rate. Apart from these vitamins, intake of herbal tea and inhalation of steam can also be very helpful.
● Avoid non-essential traveling: One should step outside the house only when it is necessary. All precautions such as wearing a mask and carrying a hand sanitizer must be practiced to steer clear from Covid-19.
133.3K 23.2K 3.4K 333 223