Affiliate Marketing is a performance- based marketing in which a business rewards each affiliate for every customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
99% of the people seem to be confused on how to get started with affiliate marketing.
Here are 5 simple ways to guide you to start with affiliate marketing.
1. Choose a platform.
2. Find affiliate programs to join.
3. Create great content.
4. Get clicks on your affiliate site.
5. Convert clicks to sales.
Choose a platform.
There are plenty of online tutorials that can teach you on how to get started. The best part about these tutorials are that they are either free of cost or are very cheap and easily accessible.
Choosing correct platform is very important. Go for platforms like YouTube or blog which are easier to build an audience. Creating and uploading content on such platforms are free which makes it ideal for many people. Once your site is up, optimize it for search engines so that you have a better chance of ranking.
Find affiliate programs to join.
Choosing affiliate programs depends on your interest and level of expertise.
If you are targeting customers, you’ll likely go with low- paying, high- volume affiliate programs. These programs are for products with low payouts but mass appeal. If you are going after a business audience, you’ll likely go for high-paying, low-volume programs. These affiliate programs are for niche products with high payouts. It only takes a quick Google search to find an application form for this program.
However, if there is a product that you’d really like to promote without a public Affiliate marketing for beginners, reach out to company and ask if they would be willing to build an affiliate relationship with you.
Create great content.
If you want your affiliate site to succeed, you need to create high quality content that fits the affiliate link perfectly. You will need to keep upgrading the level and quality of your content. How do you do this? Judge by the comments of your visitors, analyse customer reviews and accordingly work on the flaws.
Don’t just curate the products from various sites best sellers. Go an extra mile to make sure your content solves visitor’s problem. How? If you are doing reviews, actually purchase the products and test it. If you don’t have money to buy every single product, you can always start with what you have at home.
You must also like:
- How To Generate Traffic From Affiliate Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
- Which affiliate marketing is best in India?
- 5 Essential Affiliate Forums in 2021
- Amazon Affiliate Program Beginner’s Guide
Get clicks on your affiliate site.
Having an amazing piece of content, doesn’t always mean that people will click on your affiliate links. There are few things that you need to consider.
If all your affiliate links are at the bottom of the page where people rarely scroll, clicks are very few. On the other hand, make every other word a link in your introduction, and there will be increase in engagement rate of your content.Affiliate marketing for beginners
Using callouts like buttons, tables, and boxes can help attract your readers’ attention.
Convert clicks to sales.
In case of affiliate marketing, the merchant controls the checkout, and their conversion rates are out of your control. The trick is to play the game to your advantage and look for merchants with programs that convert well. Here are few things that you can do.
1. Look at public income reports where bloggers publicly reveal how much money they’re making from their affiliate deals. You can find these reports on Google. You can also take a look at where these bloggers get their other affiliate incomes from, and potentially promote the same products.
2. If there isn’t much information available about an affiliate program you want to join or sign up, ask questions. This can help you figure out if the affiliate program is worth promoting.
3. Sometimes, it’s best to go with your gut feeling. If the program or product you’re checking out feels “off”, or if you would personally never recommend the product to a friend or family member, then don’t promote it.
These are few fundamentals, and applying them may get you on the right foot. Just don’t expect life-changing income or the freedom to quit your 9-5 overnight. Affiliate marketing for beginners takes time.
Focus on making your first affiliate sale. As your site grows, set new goals, and continue experimenting.
This is how you can build up a site that will eventually generate a decent income.