Shoe bites: “Strong women wear their pain like stilettos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it”. That’s how infamous is the pain caused by shoes and how we always crave to wear our favourite pair, if only, those nasty shoe bites weren’t a thing!
Ever been all party ready and then thought twice about wearing your favourite shoes to complete the look? Cinderella shoes are indeed pretty to look at. But the nasty blisters that come after! They aren’t pretty or nice for sure. Most of the time, just a few minutes of being in a lovely but uncomfortable pair of shoes can cause shoe bites and make your entire day a mess. Suddenly you might feel the urge to be the pretty damsel shining in her lovely shoes vanish into thin air. All you might want to do as soon as you feel the shoe bite is to take your shoes off and breathe.
Even nastier is the after effects of a shoe bite. The blisters are an agony to say the least. Not only do they become painful reminders even when you wear a comfortable pair of shoes later, but they also leave an ugly mark on the feet for days to come.
What causes a shoe-bite?
- A shoe bite or blister is a painful area on your feel that happens as a result of friction between the delicate skin on your feet and an ill-fitting pair of shoes.
- Sometimes it also occurs because of tight shoes that allow no space for the feet to breathe. This causes the feet to sweat and when they rub against the shoe, a shoe bite happens.
- Wearing shoes that do not match the dimensions of your feet is also a frequent cause.
What can be done?
Once a shoe bite occurs, the pain and the discomfort are sure to last a few days. This can make walking and even standing difficult even when the ill-fitting shoes that caused them in the first place are not worn. A shoebite can hurt even while lying down as bed linen rub against it or while bathing when it becomes moist.
Although there are some effective home remedies to treat shoe bites, the best way around it, is to prevent it in the first place.
You must also like:
- How to Get Rid of Skin Tags
- Best Fashion Bloggers in India
- Shoe bites Everything you wanted to know about !
- Best Online Shopping Sites in the USA in 2020
- Plus Size Swimsuits – Look Slimmer When You Wear It.
Some of the remedies are listed below:
Aloe-Vera – Aloe-Vera is known calming agent and has anti inflammatory properties. A generous application of this gel on the affected area can help calm the pain of a blister.
Tooth-paste – Menthol is an active component of tooth-paste and acts as an analgesic. This can to an extent help to alleviate the pain caused by a shoe-bite.
Honey – Honey is known for its soothing nature and has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Application of honey to the shoebite can be soothing and also prevent further infection in the meantime.
Coconut / Olive oil and camphor – The bio active and anti-inflammatory components in these oils helps in reducing inflammation and in soothing the affected area. In addition, coconut oil is a natural analgesic also has lauric acid which is anti microbial in nature and thus helps in preventing infection. Together with camphor, which is also anti-inflammatory, this combination can help alleviate swelling and pain.
Neem and turmeric – This age old combination is well known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial properties and can work effectively on blisters.
Prevention – your best bet!
- As mentioned earlier, a shoe bite is best not had in the first place. So, prevention is always your best bet.
- The best way to prevent a shoe bite or from a bite aggravating further is to avoid wearing ill fitting shoes.
- Using adhesive tapes can also prevent friction, but it is not without the discomfort of the constant feeling of tape on the skin.
- Wearing socks can also prevent friction, but not the best option aesthetically with certain footwear.
Skineasi® comfoot Anti shoe-bite silicone gel and Foot protector
Gone are the days when nasty shoe bites became deterrents to wearing the shoes you absolutely love.
SkinEasi comfoot’s non-greasy and non-staining formula makes it a magical choice. A one-time application offers round the clock protection by forming a thin layer on the feet almost acting like an invisible pair of socks, without the looks of it.
The fast-drying silicone film protects your feet from shoe bites due to constant friction and rubbing with the shoes.
It is safe for daily use and also for sensitive skin, thanks to its non-irritant formula.
So, go ahead and apply a small amount of SkinEasi comfoot and enjoy your day without having to compromise on that lovely, yet slightly uncomfortable pair of shoes.
Click on our SHOP to buy comfoot: Skineasi