Mobile Marketing: Nowadays, most of the target audience operate online. Hanging out on social media, staying updated on news sites and blogs, and searching online when they have a need has become extremely common.
Companies rely on digital marketing to promote and sell products and services. People are increasingly dependent on their mobile phones. So, mobile marketing should be an obvious strategy to improve the revenue of businesses.
Mobile marketing is a winner when it comes to engaging users. Consumers tend to watch video ads, retweet, and share more on mobile devices compared to desktops and laptops. 79% of people tend to have their smartphones with them for an average of 22 hours a day.
What is Mobile Marketing?
Mobile marketing refers to the digital marketing strategy aimed to reach the target audience on their smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices. Mobile marketing is done through websites, email, SMS and MMS, social media, and apps.
Customers have started to shift their attention and time to mobile usage. Marketers are doing the same to create true omnichannel engagement. Technology becomes more fragmented, and so does marketing. To earn and maintain potential buyers, content must be strategic and highly personalized. More than 78% of teenagers around the world have complete access to their mobile phone.
You must also read:
- Best of Vlogging Cameras of 2021.
- Best Online Shopping Sites in the USA in 2021
- How to choose your first Camera?
- Best Soundbars in india
- Best Portable Photo Printers In 2020
- 5 Best USB Microphones For Podcasting
- Best phones under Rs 15,000 in India for Sept 2020
- How to Make Money With Software Sell.
- The Best Features Of Microsoft Office 2019.
- Payroll software Take Back Your Time With Employee Online.
Core Concepts of Mobile Marketing
There are three basic concepts behind mobile marketing. Knowing about these can help you with building a fool-proof strategy.
Speed: Smartphones are the most convenient devices to surf the internet at the moment. However, speed is a vital foundation for mobile marketing and goes a long way into determining the success or of a marketing campaign.
Simplicity: Mobile marketing is simple and the message can be put across even the form of a text message without wasting any time.
Convenience: Mobile phones are always at an arm’s length. Mobiles are always in use with little downtime.
Types of Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing is a part of the whole digital marketing concept, though the targeted goal is more focused consumers with handheld devices. Here are a few very successful types of mobile marketing campaigns you should look out for.
1. SMS and MMS Services
Short Message Sending (SMS) and Multimedia Message Sending (MMS) are two predominant mobile marketing strategies. For an effective campaign, links to promos and videos are sent in the form of text messages. Product alerts and reminders can also be a part of text messages.
2. Mobile-friendly websites
Mobile-friendly websites should be fast to load without any device-specific errors. Plus, these should fit the mobile screen without the inconvenient side-to-side scrolling or zooming. All of these attract the user to prefer a particular site. If you have a mobile-friendly website, you can post ads at the bottom of the screen or as popups. This increases the visitors to the site by 51.2 percent. 82% of people research every product on their mobile devices before making the decision of purchase.
3. Mobile friendly emails
Around 57% percent of smartphone users open emails on mobile phones. Marketing emails redirect to landing pages to the business websites, which should be optimized for mobiles. According to a survey, 69% of mobile users ignore emails that aren’t optimized for mobile.
4. Social media messaging
Digital marketing focuses on social media messaging but there are specific apps designed mostly for mobiles, like Messenger, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc. connects to customers via these apps. This enables marketers to send coupons and special offers with a personalized touch.
5. Video ads
Mobile marketing has changed the game when it comes to video ads. Consumers now watch the ads on full screen and are three times more likely to click on the product pages. An email with an attached video receives a 96% click response.
6. Mobile apps
Mobile apps offering personalized accounts and support for digital modes of payment can drive profound engagement with the users. The total revenue generated from the app downloads and in-app purchases and ads have doubled in the past 2 years.
Devising a strategy
If you are new to mobile marketing and would like some suggestions to devise a strategy, check out these points.
• Concise and definitive content: Smartphones and tablets have smaller screens compared to PCs. So, advertisements with definitive and precise content bring more user engagement. Quite naturally, visitors are more likely to scroll past cramped up content.
• Target audience and market-centered: You can conduct surveys to find the priorities, demographic characters, physiographic characters, and the habits of the customers. This data is used to provide personalized mobile ads for every individual customer.
• Local optimization: It should be optimized for local ads based on user queries. Consumers use mobile devices to find answers to their interactions. Local optimization will increase the speed at which the results are delivered.
• Tracking the results: After the initial experimentation phase, the recorded results should be analyzed to decide the best-suited strategy. It is estimated that more than 247 billion dollars have been allocated to mobile marketing by different companies in 2020 alone.
People have smartphones that they never leave alone. It is a great way to bring the business to where the customers are. Developing a unique strategy puts the business ahead of competitors in the market. You can capitalize on the users’ needs and deliver them on time with help of mobile marketing.
102 21 23 11 2