Backlinks are the most searched query on the internet in the SEO world, Majorly people search what are backlinks in SEO? Worry not I will be sharing in-depth a guide about backlinks and advantages of backlinks in this article.
If you concerned about backlinks more, it means you are on the verge of getting lots of organic traffic which converts well and flood your bank accounts with dollars.
Let’s directly dive into our article.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks are links coming from other sites to your site or your site to other sites. Also, we call them inbound links and outbound links. Backlinks considered as the major Off-Page SEO factor to rank better in search engines and it is widely searched on the internet. Gaining backlinks are really a tough job, however, if you know proper strategies you can get many of them.
Before jumping into the article let’s understand some common phrases related to backlinks.
- Link Juice: If the link is do-follow then hyperlink passes link juice, don’t worry about the term Do follow I will describe in the further part of the article. link juice is a term used in the SEO world when equity is passed through the hyperlink from one page to another. Search engines consider these equities as votes. See the below image to understand about outbound links.
- Do-Follow Backlinks: These types of links gain SEO benefits to your websites which passes link juice. Do follow links to help your website to rank better in search engines. While crawling hyperlinked site which linked you content i.e your webpage also get crawled by Google spiders and gets you better SERP results. Equity is passed through Do-follow links. Any default link or link without rel=”nofollow” attribute is do-follow backlink.
- No-Follow Backlinks: No follow links are just hyperlinks coming from other sites that do not provide that much SEO benefits to your site as do-follow links do. These types of links only help in getting referral traffic to your site and get your brand noticed by others in the same niche. While visiting source code of any site you can easily identify Do follow links and No-follow links. If you found rel=”nofollow” attribute assigned to any hyperlink it means it no-follow link.
Check out the zoomed image of a Dofollow link:
- Anchor Text: Anchor text is the word on which your site has been hyperlinked. Anchors are really important factors in terms of Off-page SEO. Bad anchors or irrelevant anchors can severely harm your SEO(Search Engine Optimization).
In the above image, I have linked semrush backlinks to the anchor text best Website traffic tracker.
- Low-Quality Links: Links from not so popular sites, low authority sites, spammy sites, porn sites, harvested sites considered low-quality links. Your authority is dependent on the quality of the link profile you have. Be careful while buying links. If found low-quality backlinks you show disavow those bad links. You can buy high-quality safe backlinks from LinksManagement, Get $50 Free Credit to buy backlinks.
- Internal Links: If you are linking your existing content from one page to another internal or linking one post to another is known as internal linking. This practice helps your posts to rank well in search engines without any backlinks.
Advantages of Backlinks:
Building quality backlinks for SEO benefits is a healthy practice, you should proactively build quality links if you are in a competitive niche and wants to rank better fast.
- Builds your brand’s authority: As already said backlinks can help you build a brand’s authority, gain (DA) domain authority & (PA)Page Authority (metric invented by Moz). Your Brands get noticed by masses when mentioned on any reputed or big websites. Brand mentions are also considered as a ranking signal in terms of SEO.
- Get constant referral traffic: When a user clicks on a hyperlink and lands on your website that traffic is known as referral traffic. A backlink can drive consistent referral traffic for the long term which can help you gain more customers and clients for your business. In comparison with organic traffic referral traffic is not good quality traffic.
- Build Networks and relationships: While building backlinks you get golden opportunity to interact with a similar mindset of people. This helps in making your network more strong, you can share knowledge among each other, ultimately that will help you both to accelerate your growth.
- Long term resource links: It’s really very hard to retain backlinks for the long term, as someday anything happens or they updated their article and chances are more that you lose your backlink, however, if you are connected with them personally then you can ask them to relink your posts again.
You must also like:
- What is SEO and how it works.
- Google Images SEO Tips in 2020
- The Best SEO Plan for 2020
- How To Find Long Tail KeyWords For Your Articles
- How to Improve On-Page SEO in 2020
How To Get Backlinks:
Below are several ways to gain backlinks for your website in order to rank better in search engines. Some common ways I have listed below which will help you to get more backlinks for your website.
- Guest Posts: Guest posts are the oldest and widely used form of the link building method. This is also not an easy task to do, you have to pitch different bloggers in order to get a backlink from their site. Sometimes they reply to your emails sometimes not. Another big task is to provide quality content for their website in exchange for a backlink, However, mark my words this is the best way to get a quality contextual backlink for your website. If you don’t want to go through all this you can also get your guest posts done from Adsy one of the best guest postings tools.
- Backlinks through infographics: Backlinks through infographics are one of the easy ways to get backlinks, you just need to create high-quality infographics relevant to your niche or content topic. You can use Canva to create quality infographics or you can invest some penny and hire freelancers from Fiverr to create high-quality infographics. Add that graphic in your article and provide embedded links (Use plugin embed.ly to generate links with thumbnails) for others to use that infographic on their site which contains your link. This way you can generate good quality backlinks for your website.
- Use DropMyLink DropMyLink is a tool used in SEO to get quality links, with this tool you can find footprints of blogs and websites to create backlinks on. Do Follow Comment backlinks can be easily done with the help of this tool.
- Directory Submissions: Directory submissions are also good to get backlinks for free. You just need to submit your site to SEO directories and your link profile will improve in search engines. Note that all SEO directories are not legitimate, some directories have been marked as spammy by Google. Be careful while doing directory submissions.here are some Directory Submission sites on which you can trust: 9Sites.net
- Web 2.o backlinks: Create Web 2.o links to improve your DA(Domain Authority) PA(Page Authority). Build pages like wideinfoweb.worpress.com, wideinfoweb.tumblr.com, etc. Link your sites from those websites that will help you to boost your SEO visibility on the internet.
- Spy on your competitors: You can use SEMrush to spy on your competitor’s backlinks and get backlinks from those places. You can also find organic ranking keywords and Referring domains to get an idea that how many backlinks you need to get in order to outrank them. Get 14 days Free trial of SEMrush.
- SEO roundups: Participate in Link roundups use the below-mentioned strings to find blogs for roundups.“Keyword” + “link roundup”
“Keyword” + intitle:roundup
- Local Listing: Search for local listing on Google or you can also list your sites on below-mentioned websites in order to get quality backlinks: FourSquare.com
mapquest.com Above are some local listing high authority sites that provide Do-follow backlinks for Free.
- 301 Redirects: One of the best ways to create backlinks is 301 permanent redirects. Buy one expired domain with a good quality of links and clean anchors. You can find expired domains at https://www.expireddomains.net using relevant filters.
Check anchors of the selected domain, anchors should not have any Chinese, Japanese or Porn words, Anchors language should be English. Also, check backlinks with SEmrush backlink checker tool, most links should be do-follow and coming from high-quality sites, check below image to get an idea.
After you find a good domain relevant to your niche or category, register it from Godaddy and add 301 Redirect(Permanent redirect) to your existing blog or article page. This practice will sky rocking your rankings and help you get backlinks for free.
- Get Interviewed: Don’t miss opportunities to get interviewed on other blogs. One strategy I use in order to get interviewed, I ask other bloggers to get on my Youtube channel and blog, this is how I build relations with other top bloggers and entrepreneurs, Most of the time they offer me back to get interviewed on their platform as well. Then you can ask them for linking your sites back with a do-follow backlink.
- Press Release (HARO): This is not so recommended practice to built backlinks however you can use HARO (Help A Reporter) as a source to be linked in their upcoming publications. You can subscribe to their newsletter so that you don’t miss any opportunity to get linked to their content.
Backlinks building is not an easy job, you have to devote time and money to build quality links. In order to rank on the first page of search engines, your page should be more powerful in terms of content and quality link votes than your competitor.
If your site is new then I recommend you to write content on super easy keywords I mean long-tail keywords with least competition, you can use LongTailPro to find easy to rank keywords.
Google has introduced two new attributes with respect to links that are rel=”sponsored” & rel=”ugc” UGC stands for user-generated content.
For understanding results on SERP much better Google has introduces these changes and that’s how Google can now figure out paid links or sponsored backlinks.
- Backlinks checker: SEMrush(14 days trial for Free)
I hope you enjoyed my guide on Backlinks, now you guys know what are the advantages of backlinks and what backlinks can do to your search rankings.
Share your thought about backlinks and how you guys build links. You can also share this post with your blogger friend who is searching backlink guide.